Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 7:6-11
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Pray that the Lord would enable us to submit our thinking and living to his Word. Seek to conform your view and practice in the areas of marriage and singleness to what God prescribes in this passage.
- Seek to treat your marriage or singleness as a gift from God in the coming days. What are some practical ways you should respond to this teaching?
- Singles, submit yourselves and your desires/feelings to what this passage teaches. If you have neglected to pursue marriage for ungodly reasons, repent and ask the Lord’s forgiveness. If you have responded to God’s gift of singleness with bitterness or ungratefulness, repent and seek the Lord’s forgiveness. If you have submitted to his Word in this regard, praise and thank the Lord for his saving, transforming, and enabling grace.
- Those who are married, seek to elevate your view of marriage to a biblical status. If you haven’t, seek the Lord’s forgiveness and repent of unbiblical views/actions of divorce.
- Remind yourself of the greatness of God’s grace and the flood of forgiveness Christ won for us on the cross. Remind yourself of the transforming power of the work of Christ we studied from Romans 6, that changes and enables us to live in joyful obedient submission to the Lord of Glory.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Sam Karl: Elders' prayer & Scripture Reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Yours Is the Kingdom
- Holy, Holy, Holy
- Before the Throne of God Above
- Jesus, I am Resting, Resting
- Be Thou My Vision
More in Latest News
August 23, 2017Preparing for the Sermon - Genesis: In the Beginning (Part 9)
August 18, 2017Preparing for the Gathering - Genesis: In the Beginning (Part 8)
August 15, 2017Preparing for the Sermon - Genesis: In the Beginning (Part 8)