Preparing for the Gathering - The Significance of the Reformation
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- The power of the Gospel rightfully understood as God gave it marks the Reformation as one of the great transforming events that occurred in history. It is not marked though by one man's greatness, rather it is marked by God's greatness and many Christians' faithful lives that brought together the culmination of events to the boldness of Martin Luther we celebrate 500 years ago.
- Many Christian lives, over hundreds of years, were marked by studying the Scriptures, repenting of their sins, committing their lives with unrelenting faith to Christ alone through many unbearable circumstances, by living out their lives according to God's word in remarkably transformed lives of holiness.
- Have you been impacted by the transforming power of the Gospel in a similar way? How does this look today in our lives? How does this impact how you are with other believers in our church?
- Look for ways to increase your desire and personal study of the Word, making the most of other believers in the church, equipping classes, growth groups, and sermons to gain spiritual wisdom and increase in obedience to the Word, killing sin, and encouraging others in the same walk.
- Pray for one another and pursue studying the word together in discipleship. The reformers wrote many of the books we treasure based on their personal study of the unmeasurable riches of God's word. May we mine the Scriptures as if it were our very breath and life and then apply them to every detail of our lives.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Mark Krystyniak: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- A Mighty Fortress
- Great One In Three
- In Christ Alone
- The Power of the Cross
- My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less