Preparing for the Gathering - Genesis: In the Beginning (Part 7)
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Repent of hearts that are not joyfully and fully worshipping the Lord in deed and truth.
- Pray and seek to not just have a knowledge of right actions and try to obey them, but to be sacrificially loving the Lord with all your heart, soul and mind and to love the bride of Christ. This is the whole of Scripture. (Matthew 22:36-40)
- Repent of sinful thoughts and actions against others in the church and those who you caused the word of God to be reviled, harming your witness to the gospel.
- Pray and seek for offenses to the Lord that are against others in the body and seek to restore fellowship between brothers and sisters in Christ and with the Lord God. (1 John 4:20)
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Joel Conrad: music; Sam Karl: Elders' prayer; Adam Naler: scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- My Heart Is Filled with Thankfulness
- Immovable Our Hope Remains
- What a Savior
- Rock of Ages, Cleft for Me
- Have Mercy on Me
More in Latest News
August 18, 2017Preparing for the Gathering - Genesis: In the Beginning (Part 8)
August 15, 2017Preparing for the Sermon - Genesis: In the Beginning (Part 8)
August 14, 2017Elder's Prayer - August 13, 2017