Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 9:24-27
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read again 1 Corinthians 9:24-27. To what goal is most of the energy and resources of your life being directed? Is the goal something that would be considered "perishable" or "imperishable"?
- What kind of "race" would you consider yourself a current participant? Is it the kind of race that Paul considered himself to be running or not?
- What hinders you from running the race that Paul took part in? What discipline do you employ or lack in your life? Ask the Lord for discernment in this area.
- How is discipleship affecting the direction of your life and your intensity in the race? Are there some specific adjustments that need to occur in your life? Take steps to remove any hindrances or sin and employ discipline that would enable you to better pursue the Lord?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Mark Krystyniak: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Come and Stand Before Your Maker
- Our Great God
- Alas, and Did My Savior Bleed
- See, He Comes
- Our Only Hope Is You