Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 9:19-23
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Reflect how you might have hindered your gospel witness to unbelievers because you did not forsake your rights as a believer.
- Consider inappropriate ways people could consider becoming like them to reach them with the gospel. Repent of any that you might have participated in previously to cause any to stumble. Look for them in our church body so they would be corrected lovingly for the sake of the gospel.
- Pray for opportunities to share the gospel with unbelievers that you can already identify with and become like appropriately and thoughtfully.
- Pray for our church body to not hinder the gospel in our church, in our city, in our nation, and in the world.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Come Praise and Glorify
- Glorious and Mighty
- He Will Hold Me Fast
- Jesus, I am Resting, Resting
- The Sands of Time are Sinking