Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 7:36-40
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Seek to serve/obey the Lord in whatever situation God has assigned for you in this season of life.
- When you see someone who is suffering through trials in relationships, whether married or single, partner with them in gospel-like relations, saturating them in the Word and prayer and sacrificial living.
- Live life in all ways seeking God as the primary relationship above all others that fulfills and sustains you as an individual and corporately. Repent of any relationships or views of marriage and singleness that are not Biblically aligned.
- Pray that we would all come together in like-minded ways around difficult issues with the gospel as the central theme. Being kind, tender-hearted, forgiving one another as God in Christ has forgiven us. Seeking to have the whole body held together by what each part supplies as everyone works for the growth of the body and building up itself in love. (Ephesians 4)
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & Scripture Reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
More in Latest News
June 23, 2017Preparing for the Gathering - Genesis: In the Beginning (Part 3)
June 22, 2017Preparing for the Sermon - Genesis: In the Beginning (Part 3)
June 19, 2017Elder's Prayer - June 18, 2017