Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 7:25-35
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Seek to serve/obey the Lord in whatever situation God has assigned for you in this season of life.
- Repent of unbiblical thoughts and attitudes about singleness/marriage. Have you not used your singleness to serve the Lord? Have you elevated marriage so that you are relatively unconcerned about the things of the Lord? Have you defined true spirituality in terms of singleness and marriage instead of Spirit-filled godliness and Spirit-motivated obedience? These are all things that need to be repented of.
- Pray that the Lord would open the eyes of his people to understand the proclaimed Word of God clearly. Petition the Lord for his grace so that we would apply the truth of God’s Word to our lives, in whatever situation we’ve been assigned by him. Ask our God to cause us to think and live obediently to what is taught in this passage.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Adam Naler: Elders' prayer & Scripture Reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.