Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 10:6-13
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Review the text again and think on all the ways you take for granted the forgiveness you have been given in Christ and sin. Often we don't even seek repentance because we trust that Christ's sacrifice on the cross paid for our sins. How do you value the cross if you don't seek repentance in faith?
- Think on what your attitude should be toward in sin and how you should respond to temptations. Do you grumble against God because you can't stop sinning when a certain situation arises? How does the text confront that thinking? Don't pray for the easy way, but that the testing and trials would produce joy (1 Peter 1), and that you would be able to endure it without sinning.
- Think on how you can encourage one another in this attitude of being under temptations. How will this affect your discipling of one another and your praying for one another?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Mark Krystyniak: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Crown Him with Many Crowns
- Jesus Shall Reign
- There Is a Fountain
- Jesus, Lover of My Soul
- He Will Hold Me Fast