Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 10:14-22
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Reread 1 Corinthians 10:14-22. Regarding vs. 14; what idolatry do you have to flee from in your own life? What specific action should you take to rid your life of it?
- Do you consider yourself an active participant in the body of Christ? What are the main reasons you would answer either "yes" or "no"? Considering the implications of this passage, what steps (if any) should you take regarding your participation in the body of Christ?
- Pray for our congregation as we anticipate our corporate gathering this Sunday, that the Lord would illuminate any idolatry in our hearts and provide specific guidance to rid our lives of it.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Sam Karl: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Come Thou Fount, Come Thou King
- O Worship the King
- O Fount of Love
- Behold the Lamb
- My Faith Has Found a Resting Place