Sunday School Weekly Lesson - Nov. 5, 2017
Here is a brief summary of what your children learned this past week in Sunday School for the 3-year olds up through 4th grade. You can use this alongside the weekly preparing posts to prepare your families for the Lord's Day by reading through Scripture and seeking to apply it daily.
Title: God Promises Blessings or Cursings
Passage: Deuteronomy 11:8–17; 28:20
Principle: God blesses obedience and punishes disobedience.
Praise: "Trust and Obey"
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What did Israel have to do to receive God’s blessing?
- What would happen if Israel disobeyed God?
- How did God promise to bless or curse Israel?
- How can you be obedient to God?
- Are there consequences for disobedience today?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By demonstrating his love for God through obedience to His Word.
- By remembering God’s blessings and mercies.
- By memorizing God’s Word.
- By honoring God in all he does.
This Week: As a family, read Joshua 1:1-9.
Find previous lessons here.